The latest research by Brightcove reveals that as many as 79% of consumers would rather consume digital content over other media. Around 89 million people in the United States alone view 1.2 billion videos online and statistics point to these users doubling in 2016 to 1.5 billion. The big player in the online video space is YouTube and is regarded as the 2nd largest search engine worldwide. Online video here to stay and it’s time you embraced this medium as a marketing tool for your business.
Online Video: An Important Tool For Your Business
Online video marketing is an incredibly affordable, yet effective strategy for your business to attract the attention of your potential customers. Publishing a video online is a straightforward process and platforms such as YouTube or Vimeo provides a ready source of traffic everyday that could potentially view your videos. You can take it a step further by embedding the videos on a web page as visual content to engage your site’s visitors. When videos are embedded on your website, no additional website bandwidth are needed since videos are streamed from the video host’s servers.
Here’s why Internet video is growing in importance:
- Videos simply convert better – 70% of marketing professionals discovered that video converts better than any other mediums – Source: MarketingProfs
- Improved engagement on websites – Research indicates that the average Internet user spends 88% more time on a website the contains video – Source: Mist Media
- Increases your chances of getting a sale – When web visitors watch a video, they are 64% more likely to buy a product at an online retail site – Source: comScore
- A preferred medium – 59% of senior executives prefer watch a video than read text on a website – Source: Forbes Insight
- Improved understanding of the product or service – Videos help to increase a user’s understanding of a product or service by as much as 74% – Source: DigitalSherpa
- Increased click-through to your website – 75% of users end up clicking over to the video marketer’s website after viewing – Source: DigitalSherpa
After all those stats, any business not using Internet video is simply losing out. If all these stats don’t get you excited, this last one should make you sit up and take notice:
About 24% of brands currently are using online video to reach consumers – Source: Kantar Media
With few companies leveraging this marketing medium, you have a tremendous opportunity to tap a frontier market for your business.
Online Video Production Is Easy
The video creation process doesn’t have to be hard or complicated. If you want to appear more personable to your customers, you may choose to record a short video of less than two minutes with you appearing in-person describing how your business is different, then uploading it to YouTube. If you’re camera-shy, we can produce a short whiteboard-style online marketing video using a customized script.
Take Advantage of Video Marketing Now
Internet video is a powerful medium for businesses and its influence will only grow with time. A fantastic opportunity to use videos on your website to educate your website users and to influence their buying decisions is at hand. Don’t wait till the space gets crowded before you get in on the action.
You can now demonstrate, explain and exhibit your product or service in a more distinctive way that adds interest and trust. If you’re not using Internet video marketing, you are going to be at a competitive disadvantage. Call Singapore Social Media Marketing today to see how you can get a custom video produced for your business.